Author Topic: Bugs and Suggestions  (Read 3773 times)

Rocky

• View Profile
Bugs and Suggestions
« on: April 26, 2012, 11:53:15 am »
First of all sorry for not following the format i am just too lazy now back to the topic

Bug no1: I want you guys to disable /reconnect in the next lu update because it causes many bugs and client side scripts to not work sometimes.

1. Objects will disappear next time when a player /reconnects while standing near to it.
2. Gui functions won't work if a player /reconnects 2 times.
3. Stuck on class selection if /reconnects.
4. Many more bugs due to /reconnect..

Bug no2: Everytime i get in a rc vehicle it automaticaly jumps 20 feet high, also the driveby on rc kinda sucks caz it fires the bullets before pointing the gun outside.

Suggestions

1. The weapon damages on lu are pretty high and annoying especially M16 and AK47. it would be better if there was a function to set the weapon damage like weapon.SetDamager(damage);
2. Complete the damn wiki  ;)
3. I would love to see npc bots on lu.

Thanks for showing the patience to read this :)
                                                                                                                    -Rocky!
Look for lu server testers, Requirements are:
English good enough to communicate.
Good knowledge about gaming.

PM me those who are interested.

Thijn

• Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs and Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 02:19:47 pm »
Bug no1: I want you guys to disable /reconnect in the next lu update because it causes many bugs and client side scripts to not work sometimes.
Why disable it in the next update? Why not try to fix the bugs...

1. The weapon damages on lu are pretty high and annoying especially M16 and AK47. it would be better if there was a function to set the weapon damage like weapon.SetDamager(damage);
The weapon damage is set the same as in single player. You can change it server side by editing the LU/data/weapon.dat file. Which is not present in the default zip. But can copy it from your own GTA and change it.

VRocker

• Liberty Unleashed Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 03:09:51 pm »
First of all sorry for not following the format i am just too lazy now back to the topic

1. Objects will disappear next time when a player /reconnects while standing near to it.
3. Stuck on class selection if /reconnects.
4. Many more bugs due to /reconnect..

Reconnect has always been a bit dodgy, before release it didn't even work properly but as it started to work we just left it in. Will look into fixing these anyway.

Bug no2: Everytime i get in a rc vehicle it automaticaly jumps 20 feet high, also the driveby on rc kinda sucks caz it fires the bullets before pointing the gun outside.

The reason it jumps is because it forces the player in, we know how to fix this and may do it in the next update.
With the driveby, you realise it does that in every vehicle right? Its just how GTA3 does drivebys.

Suggestions

2. Complete the damn wiki  ;)
3. I would love to see npc bots on lu.

Weapon damage can already be changed either via script or adding your own weapon.dat file in the server.
I agree the wiki needs finishing, we keep slapping the testers to contribute :P Last i looked it was coming along well though.
NPCs are being worked on atm, i have some nice ideas for them but they may take a while to complete. More information on these will come when they have been worked on some more.

Heres an image of 50 of them anyway:

Thijn

• Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 04:34:13 pm »
Heres an image of 50 of them anyway:
pft, thats only 48 of em!

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 08:58:27 pm »
I agree the wiki needs finishing, we keep slapping the testers to contribute :P Last i looked it was coming along well though.
Pfft...the devs that handle scripting need to work on it! We can't read the source code, so we don't know half of what is added or the arguments needed to document it. :(

88nateatx

• Doesn't give a damn about his bad reputation.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 06:03:03 am »
I think it'd be nice if we could set the paths of the peds so we can make them walk where-ever we want them to.

Maybe there could also be some groups of NPCs like Friendly, Enemy, Normal, etc..
What kind of weapons they'd have, and such things.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 06:04:47 am by 88nateatx »

VetalYA

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 11:15:28 pm »
NPCs are being worked on atm, i have some nice ideas for them but they may take a while to complete. More information on these will come when they have been worked on some more.

It should be funny to see  ;) :D ( if they can to drive) to put them on my race server, and force them to act as players :) . But In this case, server must process them when they hit sphere (checkpoint).

« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 11:20:57 pm by VetalYA »

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 11:33:18 pm »

It should be funny to see  ;) :D ( if they can to drive) to put them on my race server, and force them to act as players :) . But In this case, server must process them when they hit sphere (checkpoint).
Or just their cars ;)

Rocky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 03:08:33 pm »
one for suggestion is it possible to make a function to remove vehicle's body parts? i want to make a cmd to open the vehicles trunk.

EDIT: is there a function to remove or hide player's weapon? if not please do make it

2. make a boolian for weapon like:

player.Infammo(player,weapon,bool);

so that it toggles infinite ammo of a player's weapon on/off.

Waiting for a fresh update!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:47:27 am by Rocky »
Look for lu server testers, Requirements are:
English good enough to communicate.
Good knowledge about gaming.

PM me those who are interested.

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 08:58:58 pm »
one for suggestion is it possible to make a function to remove vehicle's body parts? i want to make a cmd to open the vehicles trunk.

EDIT: is there a function to remove or hide player's weapon? if not please do make it

2. make a boolian for weapon like:

player.Infammo(player,weapon,bool);

so that it toggles infinite ammo of a player's weapon on/off.

Waiting for a fresh update!
It may be possible, but you need to make a new topic for it. :)

As for this:
Why would you reconnect so quickly? You need to give the server a chance to reupload it's information to you. :)

© Liberty Unleashed Team.