Author Topic: Just a quick question  (Read 3978 times)

onepiece

• View Profile
Just a quick question
« on: September 05, 2007, 11:59:54 am »
Are you planning on having peds and other vehicles driving around in the final version? It gets a little lonely in a big city with only a few people.

Golden Gun

• Sic vis pacem parabellum
    • View Profile
    • Yetisport
Re: Just a quick question
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 06:19:15 pm »
well, It would totally depending on how popular server you are playing on. If it's very popular there would be no need for peds. But they could still become handy. I think that it will come to be server config. I am not sure, Vrocker could help you out with this I think.

Dobi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 03:08:34 pm »
Meh! Peds in multiplayer??! They will crush the good feeling of fight between prefesional players! I don't like the idea about the peds. And waht will happen if till players are fightin'? Will their wanted level go up kuz there are active peds and maybe IDIOSLY STUPED CPU COPS???!

Golden Gun

• View Profile
    • Yetisport
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 05:06:13 pm »
Well it would be in my intrest to try. With a lot of peds and multiplayer's.
I meant that if you set a maxumum to 1000 players. And there is only 900 that are humans. The rest 100 are peds.
I don't want peds to become cops, They should only be victims for carjacking and robbering etc, etc.
Cause otherwise it will be hard to get your hands on a car. Mostly car's that are parked will not be there cause another player already got them. But there should not be to many cars either.

Stoku

• lck.gudio.eu
  • Liberty City Killers
    • View Profile
    • Liberty City Killers (GTA3/VC Clan)
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 05:35:43 pm »
Maybe make inbulid game mode? Something like manhunt or RPG. Im think about:
players spawned as cops have informations about other players(wanted level), and other players have wanted level for killing. It can be good, bur hard to make. And this gamemode can be selected in serer config. for example:
1 - Death match
2 - Cops vs killers
and making own respawnpoints.

Golden Gun

• View Profile
    • Yetisport
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 08:34:17 pm »
Your post gave me an idea.
Some players that choose to be cops are getting knowed about some players that have a wanted level.
They know the name and the latest postition where they made the latest crime.
The cops are getting money or score if they can kill this guy.

It would be amazing if it would be server config. Cause then there will be some guys that always are trying to kill someone. And all cops should have the abbility to see a list in wich all players that have made a crime are showned. By name and wanted level and last crime place.

You higher wanted level you have you more money will the cops get from killing you.
That had been very cool. Especially if the cops can talk to eachother with headset's too.
It would be a very fun thing to try

VRocker

• Liberty Unleashed Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 03:24:23 pm »
Are you planning on having peds and other vehicles driving around in the final version? It gets a little lonely in a big city with only a few people.

As with any other mod, peds will not be implimented since they take a lot of work and a lot of bandwidth. Its also trivial to get them working properly.
Also if LU ever gets popular then there should be a few full servers. And since the current player limit is 100 and can be restricted to certain islands i doubt it would get that lonely :)

Maybe make inbulid game mode? Something like manhunt or RPG. Im think about:
players spawned as cops have informations about other players(wanted level), and other players have wanted level for killing. It can be good, bur hard to make. And this gamemode can be selected in serer config. for example:
1 - Death match
2 - Cops vs killers
and making own respawnpoints.

Gamemods will be done via scripting. This gives the mod a lot more flexability and people can customize their gamemodes to do whatever they want.

Your post gave me an idea.
Some players that choose to be cops are getting knowed about some players that have a wanted level.
They know the name and the latest postition where they made the latest crime.
The cops are getting money or score if they can kill this guy.

It would be amazing if it would be server config. Cause then there will be some guys that always are trying to kill someone. And all cops should have the abbility to see a list in wich all players that have made a crime are showned. By name and wanted level and last crime place.

You higher wanted level you have you more money will the cops get from killing you.
That had been very cool. Especially if the cops can talk to eachother with headset's too.
It would be a very fun thing to try

This idea will be available via scripting. Wanted levels will be controllable using mirc or lua and eventually i will add wanted levels on the nametags :)
Also, with my latest idea.... checking whos wanted will be easier than in other mods (You'll know soon what the latest idea/feature is ;))
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 03:29:06 pm by VRocker »

Dobi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 10:30:06 am »
Hmm! That sounds better! There is a single player for those ppl that want to play with peds.

Stoku

• lck.gudio.eu
  • Liberty City Killers
    • View Profile
    • Liberty City Killers (GTA3/VC Clan)
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 02:34:09 pm »
Thiz wanted levels on nametags is gr8 idea:D!

© Liberty Unleashed Team.